SA306AHU - 3 Phase Switching Amplifier, 60V, 8A
The SA306AHU is a low cost, 60 V pulse width modulation (PWM) brushless motor driver IC featuring three independent half bridges that provide more than 15 A PEAK of output current. A seamless digital interface is possible with the SA306AHU by partnering with either a MCU or DSP. Individual control of both the top side and the bottom side output FETs is allowed via direct signals from the processor.
Thermal and short circuit monitoring for the SA306HU is provided, which generates fault signals for the microcontroller to take appropriate action. Additionally, cycle-by-cycle current limit offers user programmable hardware protection independent of the microcontroller. Output current is measured using an innovative low loss technique.
The SA306AHU is built using a multi-technology process that allows CMOS logic control and complementary DMOS output power devices on the same IC. Use of P-channel high side FETs enables the device’s 60 V operation without the need for bootstrap or charge pump circuitry. Housed in a 44-pin HSOP package with integrated heat slug, the SA306AHU provides balance between excellent thermal performance with the advantages of a low profile surface mount package.
• Low cost 3 phase intelligent switching amplifier
• Directly connects to most embedded Microcontrollers and Digital Signal Controllers
• Integrated gate driver logic with dead-time generation and shoot-through prevention
• Wide power supply range (8.5V to 60V)
• Over 15A peak output current per phase
• 5A continuous output current per phase 8A continuous for A-Grade (SA306A)
• Independent current sensing for each output
• User programmable cycle-by-cycle current limit protection
• Over-current and over-temperature warning signals
• 3 phase brushless DC motors
• Multiple DC brush motors
• 3 independent solenoid actuators
- APEX Microtechnology product -