PA03 - Power Operational Amplifier, 150V - 30A
The super power PA03 advances the state of the art in both brute force power and self protection against abnormal operating conditions. Its features start with a copper dip package
developed by Apex Precision Power to extend power capabilities well beyond those attainable with the familiar TO-3 package.
The increased pin count of the new package provides additional control features, while the superior thermal conductivity of copper allows substantially higher power ratings. The PA03 incorporates innovative current limiting circuits limiting internal power dissipation to a curve approximating the safe operating area of the power transistors. The internal current limit of 35A is supplemented with thermal sensing which reduces the current limit as the substrate temperature rises. Furthermore, a subcircuit monitors actual junction temperatures and with a response time of less than ten milliseconds reduces the current limit further to keep the junction temperature at 175°C.
The PA03 also features a laser trimmed high performance FET input stage providing superior DC accuracies both initially and over the full temperature range.
• MO-127 COPPER POWER DIP™ PACKAGE
• HIGH INTERNAL POWER DISSIPATION — 500 watts
• HIGH VOLTAGE OPERATION — ±75V
• VERY HIGH CURRENT — ±30 amps
• INTERNAL SOA PROTECTION
• OUTPUT SWINGS CLOSE TO SUPPLY RAILS
• EXTERNAL SHUTDOWN CONTROL
• LINEAR AND ROTARY MOTOR DRIVES
• YOKE/MAGNETIC FIELD DEFLECTION
• PROGRAMMABLE POWER SUPPLIES to ±68V
• TRANSDUCER/AUDIO TO 1000W
-- APEX Microtechnology product --